Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response & Rescue
The Learners most likely to undertake RII30715 – Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue are those working in or seeking a role of response and rescue team members who work in a mine site or a construction site, who perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications applied in a wide variety of contexts, which may involve the application of some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures.
A typical learner will be someone working or with previous work history in Mining and/or Emergency services sectors.
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
- RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIGOV201D – Comply with site work processes/procedures
- HLTAID006 – Provide advanced first aid
- PUAFIR207B – Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR215 – Prevent injury
- PUAFIR320 – Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- PUASAR024A – Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR022A – Participate in rescue operation
- PUASAR025A – Undertake confined space rescue
- PUASAR027A – Undertake land search rescue
- RIIERR301D – Respond to mine incident
- RIIERR307D – Extricate casualties from underground incident
- PMAOHS211B – Prepare equipment for emergency response
There are no entry requirements to this Unit of Competency.
Pathways information: This Unit of Competency has no pathway.
- RII30715 – Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Workbooks, training material, assessments; and
- Practical activities.
DELIVERY MODE AND DURATION
The training calendar shall clearly demonstrate this Qualification is to be delivered via 15 Months of structured and non-structured training in an actual workplace with the minimum hours for all learning to be completed is 500 hours plus 400 hours of work placement.
The total time commitment is 700 hours. This is achieved through a calendar, which includes 1 day (8 Hours) a week of face to face training and 2 hours a week of home study.
TIME AND DATE
Courses are run weekly
Enrolment can be done at any time to suit you.
Training will occur in a workplace being the learner’s workplace or a location contracted to ROJO Emergency Services and Training.
HOW CAN I PAY FOR THE COURSE?
Call our office to discuss a payment plan that suits you best. You may choose self-funding through pay as you go.
HOW CAN I ENROL IN THE COURSE?
We will send you an information pack about your preferred dates and an application form. All you need to do is complete the application form and return this to us to secure your place in the course of your choice