Safe Work at Heights
Designed to teach participants how to work safely at heights, identify differences between, fall prevention, fall restraint and fall arrest systems. Identify hazards associated with heights, identify and use relevant equipment and to conduct risk assessments and rescue plans.
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Theory – Assessment – Multiple Choice
- Practical – Inspect and Fit a harness, demonstrate the difference between fall arrest and fall restraint.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised
under the Australian Qualifications Framework. (ASQA). This certification is nationally recognised.